Oh, the rape's in full bloom in Georgia already? Yellow rape fields are THE thing to see here in May. And they are said to be even more beautiful a bit further up north, where the fields are vast and the area is a bit hilly. I supposed to be beautiful. Must go there once!
I like the simplicity of your composition here: treeline/horizon in the upper third. Complementary blue and yellow. And very pretty clouds!
The German word for what is "corn" in American English is "Mais", indeed, yes, you are right. As far as I know, it can also be called "maize" in British English.
Nice picture. I agree about cropping some of the bottom of the picture. I find the dead area without flower's to be a little distracting. Cropping it to where the start of the flower is at the very bottom would help. Also agree about the contrast bump.