Yet Another Fall Foliage Set...

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I went out to try to get some silky water, but it turns out the sun is pretty bright and the best I could get was 1/30 22 without an ND. Never been good at estimating exposure.

Light wasn't awesome. CC welcome

1)
8084503971_f20aa20dd2_b.jpg

2)
8084502703_ddba06be22_b.jpg

3)
8084501001_8f79c4ef2f_b.jpg

These aren't bad - I like #2 the best of the three, but I think I might try to up the contrast just a bit to bring out the colours and some of the detail in the sky, particularly in number 2. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the two cents!

I'll see what I can do about contrast, but the fact of the matter is that it was an overcast day. I'm afraid too much contrast would create an artificial quality. I also like where the shadows are.

I agree with Western, just a weeee bit more contrast will make them pop otherwise I love the colours in these.

I like 2 with a teeny tiny crop off the bottom so the "point" on the bank is gone, my eye follows it back in and down out of the image.

1 and 3 could also benefit from cropping.
#1, I think the trees on the right in a V have a feeling to them like they were chopped off at the ankles, perhaps chop off almost 1/2 the right side to eliminate those two trees, my eye wants to follow into the depth on the left hand side but the right side overpowers it.
3 looks crooked? and perhaps cropping most if not all of the sky above that neat branch on the left side, the sky above it draws my eye up and out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back