Yodobashi escalator

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you ever get a chance to see Tokyo, Yodobashi is a MUST see. Imagine a place as big as a typical Wal-Mart but 9 stories tall.

Each floor is dedicated to something like appliances or home entertainment. The top floor is all places to eat. The floor most here will find themselves wandering around is the floor dedicated to all things optical, cameras, telescopes, binoculars...

Imagine every single camera body that Nikon, Cannon, Sony, etc. makes on display with every single lens and every single accessory. It is mind-boggling. The only drawback is that there are no bargains to be had.

This shot is from the Akihabara location with my fisheye. That's me in the middle and the other gentleman is my coworker, we were in Tokyo for work and enjoying some down time.
DSC_0090PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

DSC_0402PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg
A night time view of the outside.

I like the first one, it hurt my brain for a while :D

Great highlight exposure on the second shot, it's just my preference but I would have loved to see a long exposure to expose the building and then paint the highlights back in from this one, just to give a sense of the size of the place..

Nice shots ....

I bought my original Pentax 645D from here. I saved 40% against the UK price. What you have to be careful about is that most cameras are sold with Japanese menus only. They cannot be changed even via firmware. Pentax was one of the exceptions to this.

If you are paying US prices you won’t save much. But paying UK/Europe prices you will save a fair bit. Bring your passport with you and they will deduct the tax from the price and put a slip in your passport Saving you the queue at the airport.

I like the first one, it hurt my brain for a while :D

Great highlight exposure on the second shot, it's just my preference but I would have loved to see a long exposure to expose the building and then paint the highlights back in from this one, just to give a sense of the size of the place..

Nice shots ....

Thanks!
I may have more out and out fun with my fisheye than any other lens.

I bought my original Pentax 645D from here. I saved 40% against the UK price. What you have to be careful about is that most cameras are sold with Japanese menus only. They cannot be changed even via firmware. Pentax was one of the exceptions to this.

If you are paying US prices you won’t save much. But paying UK/Europe prices you will save a fair bit. Bring your passport with you and they will deduct the tax from the price and put a slip in your passport Saving you the queue at the airport.

After hours of browsing and drooling, I only bought an extra lens cover....

After hours of browsing and drooling, I only bought an extra lens cover....

Don't whatever you do, spend any time in the watch section which is on the same floor as the camera gear. You can get filters that I struggle to get in the UK also...

Most reactions

Back