yongnuo yn-622c input

JohnTrav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I am looking to get wireless triggers for my camera. I have two canon 580exii flashes and a canon 7D.

I am looking at yongnuo yn-622c because of the ettl and the ability to control the flash with my on camera flash control menu.

I am looking for input from anyone that has used these triggers. I used them once on a job with a friend of mine and he really had nothing but positive things to say about it. Looking for the pros and cons of the yongnuo yn-622c.

I like the Yn triggers that I have although they're not TTL triggers so I can't say how well that aspect works.

I will say this though, If you go with these make sure to get as many as you think you might need and an extra or two. Yongnuo is lousy about bringing out products that aren't backwards compatible so when they come out with a new model you'll be stuck with what you have or will have to start over.

If you're good about taking care of and keeping track of your gear then they should be fine. If not then I'd suggest biting the bullet and moving up to pocket wizards for compatibility going forward (or backwards if you pick up a used one) and their being a robust product.

Thank you for the insite.

I actually looked in to getting pocket wizard triggers but heard a lot of bad reviews from canon users. They say the ettl interferes why them.

I plan to get a pair of yongnuo yn-622c triggers soon and a second pair of the same triggers later on down the road. So I plan to have four triggers total eventually. I also want to have four flashes total also just to have back ups in case something happens.

Most reactions

Back