You can afford a 1D Mark III but not a photography lesson?

I was just thinking that a 1DM3 should be able to do 640ISO with little noise in shots - with lost of noise I was thinking that a higher Iso had been used and you had missed the 0 off the end.
but then its all subjective with noise ;)

I was just thinking that a 1DM3 should be able to do 640ISO with little noise in shots - with lost of noise I was thinking that a higher Iso had been used and you had missed the 0 off the end.
but then its all subjective with noise ;)

I would have thought the same too. But alot of the shots look like they were really underexposed.

It's possible she did shoot Raw and then bumped up the exposure before converting to jpeg. Now that I have them the white balance is terrible and there's tons of noise.

Usually what happens when you don't know how to shoot and you're relying on raw conversion to save your pictures.

true - though lowlight shooting without flash is a major tricky pain - especialy if you have any movement in shots. Out of interest what lens was being used? Usually an f2.8 or wider would be needed and for no flash I would think its time to reach for the 50mm f1.4 - granted DOF is lost, but at least shutter speed and noise can be kept better in check

Nothing over 2.8 and for most of the shots at the church were all 1/50th of a second. She totally used something to bump up the exposure a bit. And it also explains why there's not one shot that nice and crisp.

I bet she's using a 24-70.

Which again makes me sick. $1500 lens and you can't go buy a nifty fifty just incase you have this issue?

I get by with an 18-55mm kit lens and an nifty fifty.

Wack.

Most reactions

Back