You can bank on it....

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank are soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank are reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

There is also concern over the fate of Kimono Bank which, it is believed, has been hung out to dry, whilst Ming Bank fear this to be the end of a dynasty.

However, on a positive note, Rickshaw Bank say they have put wheels in motion to prevent the situation completely running away with them.

that's terrible news, makes me glad all my money is under my bed

It's not only the banks that are feeling the crunch. I read a report earlier this morning that stock shares for the Tokyo Noodle Factory are going soft.

Well, the dust bunnies under there are trained in the martial arts, to protect it.

HongKong may soon be Hung-conked

This just in....

an unnamed source from the Bank of Kobe has made a statement that "the current economic predicament that seemingly has plagued the world's markets is just a load of bull".

Latest news from the Orient.......

A spokesperson for the soup industry has stated that the recent trends of events has left their businesses slightly wonton for more secure stock trades but analyst predict that the egg may drop in this highly volatile situation. As one pundit put it "the unpredictability of the markets could easily make two possibilities a reality. On one hand it could be very hot for a certain sector, but awfully sour for those not tofu with current conditions".

More to follow.

Most reactions

Back