What's new

You can't make-them-up this good.

Ysarex93 87

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a visit from my nephew who's a high school basketball coach and that reminded me of an old photo which I promptly got out to show him. Thought you might enjoy it.

This is from a trip I made in 2010 to Wilson AR. I drove through Turrell AR on the way. This sight was a break slamming jaw dropper. The Turrell basktball team is the Rockets. Their old coach Royce Upshaw must have been one helluva coach. The plaque reads:

Dedicated to the Memory
of
COACH
ROYCE UPSHAW

ERECTED 1969​

Joe


rockets_zps10121c48.jpg
 
Sweet! I wonder if the person that it was in loving memory of had anything to do with it? Just curious. :)
 
Sweet! I wonder if the person that it was in loving memory of had anything to do with it? Just curious. :)

I think the coach had to pass away to merit this remembrance. Maybe when I'm gone one of the colleges where I teach will erect a camera monument for me with a really big zoom lens.:wink:

Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom