You guys have me frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This again.

This place is getting soooo boring.

Same old, same old.

Carry on!
LOl, I've never noticed before is all I'm saying. I see all of your posts on here getting frustrated at noobs but I never really saw how many people actually do this. It is everywhere!

BJ I don't know how you lasted this long on here. The amount of discussions like this compared to meaningful discussions on topics that help develop valuable skills is ridiculous.

BJ I don't know how you lasted this long on here. The amount of discussions like this compared to meaningful discussions on topics that help develop valuable skills is ridiculous.

Well - like I always say - if yah want certain discussions YOU have to start them (YOU = whoever is reading this post ;)).
If you leave it to the site you'll see the same things over and over - and yet most of you regulars know that we have knowledgeable and well versed members hiding around. If you don't start the topics and pitch them right you won't draw those people out into discussion.
Same as in any site - the membership have to make their own driving force of topic generation. It's not the beginners fault that they are more keen than the experienced at this ;)

Amateurs are mad that some pros charge "X!?" amount for their work and pros get mad that amateurs don't charge anything... Both accurate complaints in many cases.

Simple solution: allow the buyers to pay what they want for what they see as valuable.

The end

This again.

This place is getting soooo boring.

Same old, same old.

Carry on!
LOl, I've never noticed before is all I'm saying. I see all of your posts on here getting frustrated at noobs but I never really saw how many people actually do this. It is everywhere!

Not directed at you Bubbles, or anyone really. Just noticing that there is a cycle of the same things over and over and over, and after being here for so long, I have less and less a desire for the repitive.

Like, I used to help people decide "What camera I should get?", and then you get to the point where you just want to shout "It doesn't ****ing matter! (for the most part) Just buy what you can afford! You'll want a new one in a year!"

:sexywink:

Amateurs are mad that some pros charge "X!?" amount for their work and pros get mad that amateurs don't charge anything... Both accurate complaints in many cases.

Simple solution: allow the buyers to pay what they want for what they see as valuable.

The end

Why are amateurs mad that pros are charging too much for their work?

Because the pros are getting a much bigger piece of chocolate cake for their work.

It's important to remember that the vast number of these will do and aim to supply little more than a few £ for their pocket and wont' likely sell to people from far outside their friends circle anyway. They'll charge little, deliver little, but will service the very cheap end of the market which is hard or impossible for a regular photography company to service whilst retaining a healthy working business (massive chainstore type setups might be able to service the ultra cheap with the photobooths and the like, but that is quite beyond your average photography company to go down that path).

Plus remember just because someone has a website and a "pay me" button does not mean that they earn anything off it.
I have no problem with that **IF** they play by the rules, but none of them do. Start a true business, apply for a business license, get insured, and REPORT IT ON YOUR TAXES! All the bells and whistles that are expected from anyone else making money for something.

I could care less when the so-called "Professionals" get angry when someone with this level of skill is supposedly taking business from them. It simply means that they aren't living up to their obligations as a professional and will be out of business soon anyway. What I DO care about is that these clowns don't pay taxes on any of that income. True it's a small amount for each of them but there are sooooooo many of them out there.

The end

Because, In their fictional dream world they consider themselves equals........

Okay so I never intend to go pro...at all! I love this hobby and I love taking great photos. On a scale of knowledge 1 being small and 20 being knowing everything I'm at about a 1.5. That is it. I love learning it. However, I hate seeing people that pick up a camera and then start charging people for their photo's. Oh my word! I have a friend I just did some shots of her girls because she brought them to someone and they were awful. She made her little girls look dead. (They are babies.) I know we all want to take great out of camera shots but come on use a little post processing so they don't look so mottled. Not to mention she uses her on the camera flash it looked horrible. One more...she used selective coloring and made the baby black and white and made a blanket pink. This is a sleeping newborn. Needless to say it looks like she is taking a photo of a dead baby not a sleeping one. AARRGG!!! She lucky didn't charge my friend because she wants to use them on her website but she has them on her website. Goodness I hope nobody ever pays her.
Sorry, but I know I shouldn't complain but come on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a critical care RN and even if you got your degree doesn't you know what your doing. It is called orientation etc. Just like photography. You pros have got to get more than annoyed!
I read all your critiques to everyone and I find myself being exceptionally hard on myself but I find myself doing it to others as well. It is now hard to look at photos done by "pros." Thanks guys

Most of those who start charging when they are at 1.5 on your scale will, most likely, never be able to earn what some one who started off charging when they are a 10-20 on your scale.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back