You won't believe it ... photoguy is REBORN!

1,000 shots, wow that's a bit overkill isn't it? Just a quick calculation of interest, 1000 frames is 0.67% the shutter life expectancy and your D300, which works out at about $20 of the RRP for your camera...
You should bill your neighbor $20 for documenting the destruction of his shed.

Sheesh, your forgot to offer advice to others on how to take fire pictures but be unable to show any examples because the chief won't let you show them because they are evidence. Now where are the real pictures, lifeless scenes of empty downtown streets with no subjects and poor exposures?? Where's the excuses??

C'mon now, if you're going to be the unofficial official fire photographer you have a standard to meet !!

Awww... this whole thread made my day. lol

I'm sorry, this thread lacks the drama after post #2 for you to truly be the one true PG.
Yeah - I have to agree it won't reach "legend" status but seriously never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be an official unofficial fire photographer. When the chief asked me to take some photos for him, I nearly wet myself laughing (on the inside of course). It was terrible about my neighbour's shed, but I just kept shaking my head and thinking about photoguy! :lmao:
This is now one more thing I can tick off my bucket list ..... and I bet there are 1000's who still have it in THEIR list. I'm a very satisfied 'tog. Not in the same league as photoguy but at least I was in the same category.:lol:

1,000 shots, wow that's a bit overkill isn't it? Just a quick calculation of interest, 1000 frames is 0.67% the shutter life expectancy and your D300, which works out at about $20 of the RRP for your camera...

As it turns out I just replaced the shutter on the other D300 - got 165,000 shots out of it before it started to randomly freeze.
(1000 might be a slight exaggeration - ;) - but you gotta mention numbers like that if you want to be compared with "THE MAN" in any way at all. Remember your job is to keep on asking me to show you more and more of the same shot :lol:

I hope the 80 series made it???

Yes it did - once the firefighters got there, they could lay down a wall of water so one of them could actually get to the truck - it was a bit warm.
Unfortunately, the son's sporty ute was totally destroyed.

Sheesh, your forgot to offer advice to others on how to take fire pictures but be unable to show any examples because the chief won't let you show them because they are evidence. Now where are the real pictures, lifeless scenes of empty downtown streets with no subjects and poor exposures?? Where's the excuses??

C'mon now, if you're going to be the unofficial official fire photographer you have a standard to meet !!

Awww... this whole thread made my day. lol

Yeah - so much admiration for the man ... how he could include such a huge collection of random threads within a thread was truly legendary.

However I must correct one misconception you have. I was not the "unofficial official fire photographer" ... at this incident I was the "official unofficial fire photographer".;) This is because the fire chief left his camera home and he deputized me to "do the job". I think it has a more prestigious ring to it ... being "officially" the unofficial fire photographer. Who knows where I would be now if he didn't find his damn camera the next day ... I expected at least an appearance on Dave Letterman show.

Wow!!

When I 1st saw the title to your thread a cold chill ran up and down my back. Turned out to be a humorous stroll down memory lane. Glad you got to enjoy your official/unofficial title for one night's work.

AceCo55 said:
Yeah - so much admiration for the man ... how he could include such a huge collection of random threads within a thread was truly legendary.

However I must correct one misconception you have. I was not the "unofficial official fire photographer" ... at this incident I was the "official unofficial fire photographer".;) This is because the fire chief left his camera home and he deputized me to "do the job". I think it has a more prestigious ring to it ... being "officially" the unofficial fire photographer. Who knows where I would be now if he didn't find his damn camera the next day ... I expected at least an appearance on Dave Letterman show.

Maybe you'll make it on the front page of the local paper - be careful about that - you might have to buy the whole fire department cake!!!!

Haha it's lucky I had happened to see a thread by that guy ;), it would have made a funny write up anyway because you could sense the irony, your only mistake here in emulating him was that you took a really good series of pics ;) That was some fire, bummer for your neighbour, but as you say, at least the house and all the people were OK

Most reactions

Back