Yuko ***Totally Safe for All Audiences*** C&C please :)

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
Something about the crop feels very off to me.. I like that we can see the fireplace but the sliver above bothers me.. and then the extra space on the right does too, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it all centered either.

The sliver above gives me no issues, I feel it defines the shelf but the negative space on the right yes, I agree. I looked at it cropped tight and it was good but then I lost the majesty of the location, which is part of the story ya.

Is it about the fireplace? Use the model as an accessory and shoot the fireplace. Is it about the model? Crop out some of the fireplace because it's symmetrical and no one cares about seeing the whole fireplace. A cropped fireplace can still set the scene for the model without showing the whole thing.

Regardless, in any format or composition, a fireplace isn't complete without a fire. It would add immensely to the story.

Jim

Is it about the fireplace? Use the model as an accessory and shoot the fireplace. Is it about the model? Crop out some of the fireplace because it's symmetrical and no one cares about seeing the whole fireplace. A cropped fireplace can still set the scene for the model without showing the whole thing.

Regardless, in any format or composition, a fireplace isn't complete without a fire. It would add immensely to the story.

Jim

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out how to turn on that fireplace!

_POR1927-Edit-2 by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

The first image, my eyes went immediately to the watermark and stayed there.

...........Yeah, I haven't quite figured out how to turn on that fireplace!.............

I'd start with a bearskin rug and some wine............. :biggrinangelA:

I def like the tighter crop you added better.

don't want to mess with your photo (not okay to edit). I am tempted to see how it would look cropping for just her and the square of the glass with the reflections. The columns on the sides seem kind of gawdy to me and are detracting from her. same with above her head. I know you would lose the "scene" just curious to what it would look like. Might look worse, just curious.

I like the original because of it's asymmetry but agree that the watermark occupies what should be negative space and draws the eye away from the subject. If one is going to compose with negative space one can't pretend that a red and black watermark won't be part of the image.

I like the second one better, the larger crop has too much empty space with nothing there.
The other thing that jumped out at me was, the wall is shadowed on the left side, which makes a big color difference from one side of the fireplace to the other. But I also maybe the only one bothered by it! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back