zoom reality question...I need a little help.

Everything that I have searched for I have found explained in pretty basic terms, you'd be hard pressed to not understand it.
True. I guess the forum should just shut down, then, because you can find answers for every question on Google.

Or maybe we can have the description of the Beginner's Forum read something like: "A place that wouldn't have to exist if you weren't too lazy to look it up yourself, stupid."

Last edited:
I wish people wouldn't underestimate the power of Google. You don't need to buy any books or nonsense, just pick a topic and search it. When I wanted to learn what aperture was, I typed that in my handy search bar and boom, instant results!

There are plenty of dumbed down explanations for every aspect of photography, you just need to take the initiative in wanting to learn about it.

Reading books is never a bad thing. And who's to say you're not going to get a misleading answer with whatever you find on google?

I did a search on these forums on how to learn Photoshop and some of the regulars here recommended a one week free trial of Lynda.com (sorry, not enough posts to post pics or links yet heheh)

Well I'm using my trial and I definitely think I'm going to at least subscribe for a few months. They had some really great 'classes' on exposure and photography as well as photoshop/elements/lightroom/bridge (okay, everything!). I would recommend Googling "Lynda.com 1 week free trial" and have fun! Very informative and easy for beginners such as ourselves :D

just read as much as you can anywhere you can. from google to sites like this to books to magazines. books are nice for me personally at times because its easier to keep them on the back of the toilet seat then it is to have a laptop or desktop balancing up there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back