'08/'09 Assignment- Snow -Due March 1st

Here is my mare enjoying the snow onslaught in New Hampshire today...

My camera couldn't decide what to focus on - the snow or her! I've also never been so cold in my life - I think it was about 8 degrees outside...my hands are still aching from this shoot this afternoon.

I found it to be a challenge to have definition of anything in the snow - without it looking too washed out - and because of the day to my WB looks goofy too but she was having a ball and I was enjoying the time with her.

I'm by no means an expert, but I have been learning an application called Adobe Lightroom 2. The white balance is off in your pics plus you have a lot of noise from the falling snow which washes the color out in your pictures.

Here's an example of how you can clean things up. This isn't my best work, I did it very quickly this morning to give you an idea. If I had the RAW image file I could do far more with it and make it look more natural. As it is, I just copied your JPG from this site and tinkered with it.

DSC_1635.jpg

I'm by no means an expert, but I have been learning an application called Adobe Lightroom 2. The white balance is off in your pics plus you have a lot of noise from the falling snow which washes the color out in your pictures.

Here's an example of how you can clean things up. This isn't my best work, I did it very quickly this morning to give you an idea. If I had the RAW image file I could do far more with it and make it look more natural. As it is, I just copied your JPG from this site and tinkered with it.

DSC_1635.jpg

Tharmsen - thank you and yes yours looks much better! I also use Lightroom but I didn't tinker with these too much (probably should have) I knew I was having issues with light, and C-O-L-D...it was about zero outside and my hands were just about falling off. I was actually worried about taking my camera outside in those temps...but yes, you did a much nicer job than my original.

lol i knew those state land makers looked too familiar, then I saw you were from Syracuse, and that explained it all.

Sunny Syracuse...I was wondering through the woods looking for some old abandoned town. All i found was snow, snow and a few wild turkeys.

I see some nice photos up there ;) Mine is just a temporary one until I get out of my house (I'm ill). Here's the view from my window.
3166836908_1302130e27.jpg

Most reactions

Back