'08 Assignment- "Set in Stone" Due November 30th

Patm1313

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Post pictures of your favorite stone subjects.

I know some of you have better access to stone than others, so I'm making this a two month assignment to give others time to get pictures. But for those urban dwellers, stone is everywhere. If you have a particularly nice picture of a brick building, than that still counts as stone.

Be creative, and Good Luck!

I guess I should be the one to get this started.

This is my favorite picture of all time, because it was taken on the New River, my favorite place to be on the earth. People often come down to the rocks that this picture is taken of to watch the rapids, and I was happy to see some stacked rocks (as well as a great photo op). Needless to say, I had to make my own (mine is farthest to the left).

DSC_0477-1.jpg

I can't wait to see some pics then. Remember, it's creativity that always wins.

ah, well then you are going to be disappointed. The shots I have, creativity was the last thing on my mind as far as how a photo would look. I just wanted photos of the interesting things I had made. Albeit all are made of stone (marble, granite, limestone etc).

If that's a lion on top of a man, than that's an interesting position...:lol:

Last edited:
ah, well then you are going to be disappointed. The shots I have, creativity was the last thing on my mind as far as how a photo would look. I just wanted photos of the interesting things I had made. Albeit all are made of stone (marble, granite, limestone etc).

Oh you are being too modest! You are a fantastic photographer!!! And you know it!

2905887189_cb5a44dbe6_b.jpg

Lion of Babylon

Hmm.. Sexy, almost.. I like it! :lol::sexywink: Big fan of the positioning.. :sexywink:

By xxx_jpk_xxx

I love the buildings here in SLC.

Awesome, we have another Utah person... Welcome to the forum.
And you are right, the buildings in SLC are awesome!

I need to go look for something current but until then here is a shot from this summer while camping on Guanella Pass.

Nice one Utah.. I like it!

I will find one of mine, and go take some soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back