09 - Assignment - Water

A young Jaguar discovers fish for the first time.

4010467579_32965cb718.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, what's your name?
4010467577_0a4e9b3d5b.jpg

Last edited:
A cool kitty on a hot day.

118266578.OsoEacr1.IMG_1898c.jpg

Can anyone explain why some of my images show up and some don't? :irked: At first I thought they were too big. I resized and recompressed them but two out of three still don't consistently display. I even got one of them down to 687 X 629 pixels and 101 KB and it still doesn't show up consistently. Another image (cool kitty) is 1358 X 905 pixels and 347 KB and, so far, it seems to show up consistently.

Can anyone explain why some of my images show up and some don't? :irked: At first I thought they were too big. I resized and recompressed them but two out of three still don't consistently display. I even got one of them down to 687 X 629 pixels and 101 KB and it still doesn't show up consistently. Another image (cool kitty) is 1358 X 905 pixels and 347 KB and, so far, it seems to show up consistently.
What site are you getting the pics from?

fountain1.jpg

Done with no tripod! i feel happy about this one!! but all previous posts are so good i dont stand a chance!! but this is my first assignment

fountain1.jpg

Done with no tripod! i feel happy about this one!! but all previous posts are so good i dont stand a chance!! but this is my first assignment
Very beautiful FilmaTroy.

Are you thinking that this assignment thread is one of those that are a competition? It isn't. Unless of course things have changed while my attention was elsewhere. :)

We're just posting images we've created, that fit the theme of the thread.

What site are you getting the pics from?

They are uploaded to pbase.

I uploaded the 2 that weren't showing up to flickr and they seem to be OK. If anyone can't see them please let me know.

Last edited:
I uploaded the 2 that weren't showing up to flickr and they seem to be OK. If anyone can't see them please let me know.
The flickr ones you posted seem fine. I know a few folks who are dissatisfied with the way flickr compresses their work. I haven't noticed adverse changes to my images when I upload to flickr. Maybe my aging eyes can't notice the degradation in quality. :)

For me flickr is convenient, and I've developed a group of friends there from all over the world.

The flickr ones you posted seem fine. I know a few folks who are dissatisfied with the way flickr compresses their work. I haven't noticed adverse changes to my images when I upload to flickr. Maybe my aging eyes can't notice the degradation in quality. :)

For me flickr is convenient, and I've developed a group of friends there from all over the world.

Thanks for the feedback John. The images here are smaller than what I uploaded but seem OK otherwise.

A couple of boring water shots. Water is really not my thing.
waterIMGP7618.jpg

water.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back