Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you seen it yet? Click on the Mel's Camera banner on TPF or on this link:

Leica_10MP

It does not have an interchangeable lens but comes with a LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 1:2.8-3.7/7.4-88.8 ASPH Lens (equivalent of 35 - 420 mm)!!!

Hence the dust particles are not going to get on the sensor! Pretty cool.

Whoa!... Tempting... ;)

Mitica100 said:
Have you seen it yet? Click on the Mel's Camera banner on TPF or on this link:

Leica_10MP

It does not have an interchangeable lens but comes with a LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 1:2.8-3.7/7.4-88.8 ASPH Lens (equivalent of 35 - 420 mm)!!!

Hence the dust particles are not going to get on the sensor! Pretty cool.

Whoa!... Tempting... ;)

It bears the famous brand, Mitica, so prepare to pay through your nose. But, FYI, this 'Leica' only has its brand name in common with its famous namesakes!
It's twin bro from 'the other side of the tracks' – Japan, it's real birthplace – is a lot cheaper. And available today: the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50.

eh... save for the M8 if you really must have a digital camera with the Leica red dot. That Leica line is a premium over rebadged Panasonics, which are good by the way.

Ahha!... That's why I can't claim I'm a digital camera know-it-all! :lol:

Thanks guys! If I ever decide to go for one (Panasonic, that is) I'll pass along part of the savings. :D

Yep, they are the same camera made on the same produce line Panasonic designed the electronic and Leica lens

And not even Leica can design a decent 12X zoom. That's just too extreme.

fmw said:
And not even Leica can design a decent 12X zoom. That's just too extreme.
Joe Blow and Jane Doe don't think so. In fact they are pretty happy with it: they're buying superzooms by the boatload.

It's all a matter of priorities. I'm sure Joe and Jane Doe don't share my photographic priorities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back