1dx motorsport optimal settings, with a 70-200 mkii f2.8 and a 300 f2.8 mkii

delko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys

URGENTLY NEED HELP !!!! Need to get the optimal settings on 1Dx for motorsport photography,,using 70-200 f2.8 mkii and 300 f2.8 mkii,,,any any advise and info appreciated

Thank you .

are you serious?

send the gear to me, i will set everything up for you

Sorry for the ignorance can you please help , settings for panning in slow corners, and then for using a fast shutterspeed,

Settings will vary depending on a large number of environmental factors, what images and effects you want, etc...

just having a 1DX won't replace having knowledge and skill... use it like you would you 60D! Maybe you will get some good shots...

Sorry for the ignorance can you please help , settings for panning in slow corners, and then for using a fast shutterspeed,

Sure! How bright is it? How fast are the vehicles moving? How far away are you? If you can tell us those things, maybe we can help! ;)

Sorry it's just hard to believe that someone with a $7,000 camera doesn't know how to use it properly.

It's tantamount to someone saying they bought a new Ferrari and can't drive stick.

Sorry it's just hard to believe that someone with a $7,000 camera doesn't know how to use it properly.

It's tantamount to someone saying they bought a new Ferrari and can't drive stick.

It is probably borrowed or rented... Profile states user usually using a 60D (a little over a year)

It is probably borrowed or rented... Profile states user usually using a 60D (a little over a year)

So?

Its for a friend ,

mid daylight,
racing cars on a track around 160-200 km/h
Min 10 meters and as far as 25 meters away.

Thank you

If your friend spent $7000 in gear without knowing the trade, I'm sure they're not smart enough to how to figure it out.

See if there's a green box on the dial. Use that one.

Its for a friend ,

mid daylight,
approx 25 meters away.

Thank you

Framing and zoom I can't help you with.

Keep the sun at your back and try f/7.1-f/11
ISO around 400
1/1250 shutter speed, maybe go a bit higher or lower depending on your position.

Its hard to say really. I would use different setting if the cars were coming at me at an angle, going around a curve or head on.

If your friend spent $7000 in gear without knowing the trade, I'm sure they're not smart enough to how to figure it out.

Thats not the case, he is well experienced and he is just looking for the best setting to get the best possible results,

Its for a friend ,

mid daylight,
approx 25 meters away.

Thank you

Framing and zoom I can't help you with.

Keep the sun at your back and try f/7.1-f/11
ISO around 400
1/1250 shutter speed, maybe go a bit higher or lower depending on your position.

Its hard to say really. I would use different setting if the cars were coming at me at an angle, going around a curve or head on.

That was my point with the silly questions... those are all variables, not a static piece of information there! And the settings would have to change to match the variables....

Thats not the case, he is well experienced and he is just looking for the best setting to get the best possible results,

If he's experienced, he should be able to deduce that there are not "the best possible settings" that people can tell you over the interwebs. We don't know the venue he's shooting, the light, or the layout of the track.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back