1st Maternity Shoot

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to expand my portfolio. It's not that easy!! Part of what I've been doing is offering free work to people that fall under catagories that I'm interested in sharing and gaining experience in. I do the shoot and editing for free, they only pay for any prints they may want.

Different types of photos are great experience for me...but they can be so frustrating :confused: This was a challenging one. The mom to be had really bad stretch marks!!! A small part of them are still very visible in #5...but they liked it that way? The couple had no idea of what they wanted? They had a lot of ideas from shots they saw on the web...but didn't want theirs to be exactly the same. And they had no examples to show me? *insert pulling out hair smiley here*

So...I tried to give them something unique and fun, but still touching like I think maternity shots should be. Also, it was the mom to be's choice for the non-facial shots. I kind of like it in some, but would have liked to see her caring expression in others.

134053320-L.jpg

134053289-L.jpg

134053262-L.jpg

134053303-O.jpg

134053301-O.jpg

134178738-O.jpg

I think you did a very nice job expanding your fantastic-ness :)

I especially like #6

Great ideas. I like 1 & 6. I think if you just saw #5 you would have a hard time guessing what that hump is, but since I know the rest of the photos then its easy for me. I also like the idea of #3, but I think it would be cool if there were a way to make the belly look bigger. To me it doesn't look like a pregnant shot, but I understand it is hard to get that look from that angle. Overall I like the shots alot.

I love the lighting in #5!

Really, I like all of these except 4. The color seems out of place with the Black and whites.

My faves are 1, 2 and 3. I would have liked to see her face in #1, but like you say, it was her choice to not have it shown. Awesome work in yet another category, Woodsac!!

I kind of like not seeing her face in #1. It's just dad and baby!
I love #2 & #6 for their creativity!
These are beautiful shots.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

They're a young couple and they liked the alternative style shots...so it was fun. Funny you say that switch...I liked that one in b/w, but they like it in color :)

I LOVE #6. 1 is nice too. 2 is fun, 3 is cute, and I don't like her expression in 4. She looks... distant. Nice shoot.

I think you did very well overall. These are very creative! I especially like #1 and 5. Like someone said before, you might not know what the belly is if not for these other pictures, but it is still a great picture. I love the idea of #6, but for some reason there's something about it that's not working for me. Maybe it's just that her hair looks too messy or something at the top. Like it just looks sort of sloppy and takes away from the bottom half of the images. Also, I wish the shadow of the O in the second one of #6 wasn't hiding her belly button. That would have been so cute to see it.

great job woody, these are all interesting and well taken :thumbup:

That guy will work, huh? LOL

Anhow these are GREAT! I have had two pregnancies so I know how the mom wouldn't want to have her face in there, I didn't like mine either when I was that pregnant! But I would have loved for someone to be able to take out the stretch marks. Some women like theirs though

Definately some great ideas there!

Great series Woodsac!!.Five is my fave and I would like to know how to get the lighting effect you have there.I have tried it here at hom with little to no success.Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It's nice to know what the majority likes. These were all the couple's favs from the shoot.

#5 was hard!!! Took me about 15 tries. Obviously, it was with the fisheye so I was only about 12-18" away. I handheld the cam, and handheld an AB800 with a set of barn doors on it in the other. It got heavy fast!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back