1st stitched panoramic - vertical

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First try at this, i think this one is composed of 5 shots. I guess i didnt choose a very intriguing subject, but it was fun for a first time :D

verticalpanorama-sticksmalllq.jpg

All your stitched panoramics make me wish I could do this, too. I hardly ever see the stitches!

In how far would a "regular" wide angle shot look different from this?
Where would be the distortion (which I guess you try to avoid by stitching?). Or is it the really total depth of field that you achieve by stitching which would not be brought about by a "regular" wide angle?

Using the cloner tool helps me a lot. I think PS7 and above has the bandaid tool which I think might be an improved version of the cloner. My 300d came with panormaic software too.

i used PS 7, but i actually didnt use the clone tool (mostly because i dont know how :shock: ). Lafoto, the main reason for doing this is either for focal clarity at the edges of the photo (although high quality lenses get good clarity there anyway) and for the sheer image size. I used a modest f8 for these shots, and you could get quite a bit more depth of field with a wide angle lens (this was around 40mm) set to it's smallest aperture (f22 usually, maybe 32). thanks for the comments guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back