2 Hikes in May **Waterfalls, Old House**

Dirty Murd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took 2 different hikes in May 2010 and these are pictures of some of the things i saw! These hikes were around where i go to school in Ellensburg, WA! Tell me what you think!

img_2176-resized.jpg

img_2198-resized.jpg

img_2164-resized.jpg

img_2205-resized.jpg

house4-resized.jpg

house11-resized.jpg

house12-resized.jpg

waterfall14-resized.jpg

house10-resized.jpg

Constructive Criticism Appreciated

were these shot with film? what kind of film did you use if so?

Looks like a great hike! very peaceful, i find lots of blowout in the pics tho, very high contrast. were these shot in mid day? hard sunshine light is very hard to shoot with film i find, film has very high contrast built into it, if its not film, then it must just be way too harsh midday light.

were these shot with film? what kind of film did you use if so?

Looks like a great hike! very peaceful, i find lots of blowout in the pics tho, very high contrast. were these shot in mid day? hard sunshine light is very hard to shoot with film i find, film has very high contrast built into it, if its not film, then it must just be way too harsh midday light.

not film...used my digital slr...what do you mean when you say lots of blowouts? i manually upped the contrast on the last picture to make it look like that on purpose. Was that a bad idea? As for the others, the contrast doesnt look too bad does it?

well photo's are always going to be what looks best in your opinion. But i would not go so hard on the contrast myself, blowout is when the contrast or brightening is too harsh causing you to actually lose detail in the bright areas, completely ok with B+W but it can look incorrect with colour, especially landscape. If it was me i would watch the vibrancy rather than contrast, digital usually does need help to up the contrast, but only to a point.

well photo's are always going to be what looks best in your opinion. But i would not go so hard on the contrast myself, blowout is when the contrast or brightening is too harsh causing you to actually lose detail in the bright areas, completely ok with B+W but it can look incorrect with colour, especially landscape. If it was me i would watch the vibrancy rather than contrast, digital usually does need help to up the contrast, but only to a point.

alright i really appreciate the pointers...i just want to know what to watch with the contrast because i didnt play with it that much to be honest...i put the pictures in photoshop and played around with the tools a little but not too much actually...

Most reactions

Back