2 Hours I'll Never Get Back

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
or, My first HDR (I can only get better).

Original (center of 7 exposures)
600-5851.jpg

After
600-00.jpg

& Using trial version of Photomatix for tone mapping
600ghdrip-1.jpg

Have at it- I can use all the c&c/help I can get.

I think you did a great job. Nothing I can say really, maybe brighten up the mountains a bit more? Seems fine to me.

I really need to try this once i get a DSLR

Once again, Abraxas, there is too little specific critique that you're asking for, so both your threads will need to get moved over to Landscape and Nature... sorry about that, it is just that those Galleries are for general, unspecific, comments and critique. You see? ;)

I prefer the original, not keen on the HDR versions.
I always use SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT in CS2 and I like the results I get
Must admit when HDR works it does look good but I've never got one to look half decent

The Photomatix Trial version certainly has it.... no questions asked there. In fact that is about dead on. I was curious and I hope you don't mind but wanted to see what the Dynamic Range Increase action I use could pull outta this shot. You can get the action here and it's good from (I THINK) PS 5.5 and upwards http://www.outdooreyes.com/photo80.php3
I think you really were able to capture the foreground well in #3 and bring that fwd which helps a lot with depth

6005851bmf5.jpg

lostprophet said:
I prefer the original, not keen on the HDR versions.
I always use SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT in CS2 and I like the results I get
Must admit when HDR works it does look good but I've never got one to look half decent

Slam on brakes: SCReeEEcH... Backup- Take another look at CS2.

Thanks! I bought CS2 as a way to do HDR, but didn't even think to check out the improvements over PS 6.0 (Which I don't really know that well to begin with).

Back to the mountain.

kkart said:
The Photomatix Trial version certainly has it.... no questions asked there. In fact that is about dead on. I was curious and I hope you don't mind but wanted to see what the Dynamic Range Increase action I use could pull outta this shot. You can get the action here and it's good from (I THINK) PS 5.5 and upwards http://www.outdooreyes.com/photo80.php3
I think you really were able to capture the foreground well in #3 and bring that fwd which helps a lot with depth

Pretty good. You brought out the sky. At this point I'm going to go ahead and register the photomatix even though it has become apparent I need to look into the CS2 closer. The photomatix version is more about what I seen that afternoon.

Most reactions

Back