2012: The Year The Internet Ends?

if the internet would boil down to commercial sites only, then it would lose a lot of its attractiveness to people. Then the commercial sites would also suffer from people losing some interest in the web.

also, ISPs and other companies also earn money on privately run non-commercial sites.

Furthermore, all ISPs would have to work together. just one linebreaker, and that ISP would become terribly popular and others would lose customers.

Hence I am not afraid.

2012.. here we go again! lol just for the record, in 2012 i wont somehow magically develop a higher sense of spiritual awareness.

Well than would be going backward. Because that is that we had in US in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Companies like AOL and other that I can’t recall anymore had their own systems, content and email. Plus they did not link to each other.

The prospect of “Pay for View” for premium service such as first run movie and live events does seem likely. But as long as advertisers buy ads the net will be free.

4 years from now? far from it, we might see a death to desktop computers sales rising since mobile computing will take over, but teh Internetz gone?

I must say it's pure speculation

I think we'll be shooting around outside on Hover Boards sooner than we'll be devoid of the internet.

spam.
big companies are more interested in the current free Internet

Chalk it up to another fake internet/email rumor. I'm more afraid of the people who believe everything they read on the internet.

The world itself is also supposed to end in 2012 (December 12th) too, so maybe it won't be so bad not having internet - it will give us more free time to prepare for the end.

:lmao:

Most reactions

Back