20D Memory

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm trying to price together everything I'm planning on buying when I get the 20D. What would you recomend for memory. I'd like something large because my family is out alot on vacation, and being out on vacation for 2 weeks and getting to the end and having to dump some photos is the last thing I want. So I'm wondering what brand I should buy first of all. And second what size. Can you tell me roughly what I'm looking at for space of a 1G, 2G and 4G size card? How many photos can I get out of those? I really appreciate the help guys, this is my first digital SLR so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at for equipment.

Well...Id firstly say, dont get a 20D as your first DSLR...simply cause im jelous.

Now...I would suggest the Lexar Professional cards (Thats what I use) and a fast write speed, I have 80X, and even though thats pritty fast...I wouldnt mind faster :p

Id get a lexar Pro 4GB card, but that may be around the range of £300...if not go for a 2GB....failing that, buy 1GB, then when you get more money, by another...e.t.c, but I wouldnt suggest that.

Well good luck anyways, if I didnt answer what you wonderd, repost and ill try to come back :)

Lol, when I read the first line I was like... Really? Every person I talked to told me that camera would freakin' rock. Then I got what you hehe. I saw Lexar and those looked like good cards. Thanks for the help Artemis =D But do you know how many photos roughly I can get on like a 2G or 4G card?

In mine, which is 6.3, I can get about 120 raw files...so...um...you should be able to get...500? 600? raw files? dont hold me to that :p

Thanks =D Does anyone else use these cards and know what I'm looking at in amount of shots I can get on them?

Lexar Pro 80x cards are great. I personally would recommend getting 2 1 gig cards. If for some reason something happens to one of the cards, (you drop it and break it, it goes bad), you won't lose all of your shots. You can fit roughly 130 20D raw shots to a 1gig card. If you have a laptop that would be ideal to then unload the pictures to for safe keeping. Or you can buy portable cd burners that accept CF cards, and burn cds with no computer. Your other option is to go to a local drug store when you are on vacation, one that has a digital photo machine, and you can empty your CF card and get a cd made for a few dollars.

Even though CF cards are built like tanks, it's like putting all of your eggs in one basket. They are tiny, and easy to drop, or lose even.

Thanks Matt =D. That helped alot. I think I will do that then. Hmm, one more excuse for me to buy a laptop, hehehe.

Most reactions

Back