20d vs. 350d

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which is better? I currently have the 350d but have an opportunity to get the 20d for cheap (like less than I could sell my 350d for). What would y'all choose and why?

Upgrading from one of the Rebel DSLRs (like your 350D) to one of the XXD prosumer models is really eye opening. Besides being bigger and more robust, the controls make shooting a little more pleasant. You get a bigger and brighter viewfinder and the shutter doesn't sound so toyish.

If I had to choose between those two bodies I'd go with the 20D in a heartbeat.

I just upgraded from a XTi to a 40D and I gotta say I enjoy shooting with the 40D a lot more than when I shoot with the XTi. I still use the XTi as my daily carry along body but when I do use it I wish I had my 40D.

Ya I agree with Samanax, I just got the 50D and I have no regrets about jumping into it. The Rebels seemed so small to me.

Mmm yeah, I really want a 40 or 50d but just struggling to justify the cost at the moment. Maybe I'll just do it anyway - the one thing about the 20d that puts me off is the small LCD - the big one on the 40 or 50d is a big attraction for me.

I just went from an XTi to a 50D two weeks ago, and I LOVE my choice. It feels so much better in my hands, the controls are great, the IQ is great, the extra speed is helpful, and it looks badass haha. If deciding between the 40D and the 50D (as I did) remember that the 40D's LCD is much less resolution than the 50D, so you cant check focus, and that the 50D has the ability to adjust lens focus. For me, that more than justified the extra $200 I spent :).

......and that the 50D has the ability to adjust lens focus......

Can you (or someone else) elaborate on this? I don't get it.

It has a micro adjustment option that lets you adjust the front/back focus on a lens. It came in real handy as my 5D MKII was adjusted almost to the max to get my 24-70 f/2.8L in focus.

Basically so if you get a lens that's front focusing or back focusing, you don't have to send it in for repair.

Most reactions

Back