24-105L Ghosting

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LIVE-2-1.jpg

As you can see here there's some big time ghosting going on here that i definitely would not have expected from an L series lens. I know that some earlier makes of this lens had some flaring issues but mine was made after these were fixed so... Has any one else experienced this with theirs? Any possible remedies?

Andrew

Shoot a smaller aperture. I had lighting flare (ghosting) on a night shot I took, I took the same shot at 5 different stops, and as I stopped down the flare started disappearing.

Any Filters attached? I don't intend to start a filter versus no-filter debate but I can see a filter doing something similar. I use filters but remove them for shots such as these.

The dynamic range is pretty much maxed out there. It would be a pretty special lens to not have issues.

Obviously something is seriously wrong with your lens. Please ship it to me for further testing.

No there arent any filters attached. I have heard its a product of it being a zoom lens. I havent had any other issues with it, so maybe its normal. Yeah you want to give me your address tempus? Ill ship it to you right away... NAHT!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back