1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

240 Novatron???

Discussion in 'Lighting and Hardware' started by FilmaTroy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. FilmaTroy

FilmaTroy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    saw on facebook someone is selling 240 Novatron, lighting setup, comes with 2 strobes and a powerpack for 175, Does anyone on here have these? or ever used them?? Thinking about buying them when i get paid thursday.. Opinions please?? couldnt find to much online other than its older. no youtube videos of someone setting them up and using them or anything like i was hoping for.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Seems like a decent price. The newest version of that kit is $600-$700 online.

Here's a 440ws kit for $249 with three lights and no bids on e-bay.

Just make sure it comes with all the cables that are proprietary, everything works correctly, and flashes. It should be a good set to get you going. 240ws is good for indoor work so as long as you're not planning on over powering a mid day sun while using two heads and modifiers, you should be fine.

Also, do you know how pack and head systems work? What I mean is that the 240ws is split between all heads on the pack. Some people aren't aware of this.

3. FilmaTroy

FilmaTroy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I will be checking it out before i buy to make sure it works and all that. And yes I know how the pack and head systems work, I have worked with some Dynalite systems before as well as some alienbees. just wanted to see if anyoe on here had any opinions before i went to take a look at it. Thanks for the reply

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you think about it, check out used Speedotron gear. It seems more abundant on e-bay and you can get a good price for it.