<$300 Wide Angle Canon lens recommendations?

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm planning on getting the 28-135IS, and would like something that's a wider angle to add to my collection. Should I just purchase a 18-55 stock lens for cheap off somebody? I can probably get one of those for about 80 bucks easy. Any ideas? I'd like to spend less than 300, and hopefully less than 200.

The list in your signature suggests that you already have the 18-55 lens :scratch:

hah.. that does sound sort of stupid doesn't it?

by the way, Mike, I read your interview on here.. pretty neat!

To answer the question, I'm selling the XT w/ 18-55, and getting a 30D with a 28-105.

:wink:

Now that I'm actually making money taking pictures, and hope to take on more sports photography freelance jobs, I have a reason to get some nicer equipment. However, my rebel XT has never failed me.

Well if sports shooting is on your horizon...then I'd suggest a faster lens. The Tamron 17-50 F2.8 is around $500 and it's much, much better than the 18-55 kit lens.

Well if sports shooting is on your horizon...then I'd suggest a faster lens. The Tamron 17-50 F2.8 is around $500 and it's much, much better than the 18-55 kit lens.

That's not bad... I really like 2.8 :). Price is a bit steep... but definitely something I'll look into.

Hmm, I would go for a second hand prime wide angle.

which ones are good?
83_24787.gif

I had good experience with the EF 24mm 1:2.8, but if you shoot on digital 1.6x sensors, then this might not be wide enough for you.

Not sure how good the EF 20mm 1:2.8 is ... and not sure what is out there from other manufacturers.

The EF 14mm 1:2.8 L is most likely way beyond what you would want to spend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back