4 random pics

Gary88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm taking pictures for my college project and these are some of the best from my most recent film

shopsjpegsminifr9.jpg

cleanitupjpegbwof5.jpg

clouds1jpegbwvf9.jpg

treesjpegdp5.jpg

Photo 1 is a bit too dark in the shadows, not leaving enough detail there to be seen ... it is MEANT to be a dark and bleak urban scene, I should assume, but the way it shows on my screen (which is a BRIGHT screen) after the scanning process, the dark parts are quite dark. It might not be as bad on the actual print, though.

Photo 2 is a nice detail, albeit a little boring in composition (words right in the centre) and a bit of ... you know ... what-should-be-removed in the frame might have added some ... more. :oops:

I really like Photo 3. I find that one highly dramatic and only wish I could see the print and not only the scan as it shows here now with all the dust on the scanner almost ruining this dramatic sky for me.
And if "cloning" is no tool you can use for making your prints, then cropping sure is, either after the print was make with a photo cutter, or before you print: that little twig/powerline/whatever in the upper left corner must go. And if that does no longer keep up the usual print ratio, you can take away as much of the sky as you would need to ... in its parts closest to the upper border of your frame it is not quite as interesting ... what counts is the cloud right above the tree line.

Most reactions

Back