mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
62gli1g.jpg

This is a 4x5 paper negative scanned and reversed image from a 4x5 pinhole camera that I cobbled together.

You may never see a pin hole image in this venue.

I am considering cropping it more horizontal and using it on a new set of all pinhole note cards.

My thinking right now is to crop it horizontally along the top of that deck in the background.

I wouldn't. Id like to see a border on something like this, but I love the square ascpet.

Good photo too, but IMHO only because of the technique. To me, and please don't take this the wrong way, but photos like this are only interesting BECAUSE it was taken with a pinhole camera and how it was processed to look like a photo from the 1800's!!!

A non-interesting subject is the problem here, and while I understand the difficulty of shooting with this equipment, or lack thereof, a subject that interested me would've been MUCH better to me!

No offense taken at all.

It is what it is just a pin hole shot of a lamp.. One of those things that like you say that has no interest in and of itself. It's for better or worse an enviornmental still life. It's kind of like still life in general, you either like it or you don't. I like shooting still life of any kind, but most people don't really want something like this on a wall. I might turn it into a poster. of somekind. This is one of those, I worked all day on this sob... with about ten attempts to get the exposure right, and now I am by god gonna use it, things. Not much of a reason to keep an image I know lol.

Oh yeah don't worry I will be making damn sure to include the story of the pinhole to sell the cards lol... Yes I will whore out an image.

Hey, wow unique look of a piece of photo history....

appreciate the effort and time in showing this... speaking of time, ( the secret to a pinhole photo ) how long was the exposure on this anyway...just curious since that is the key to this photography...its a very strong look on detail...

nice job..

Thanks but it's a hack job just to get a working fstop for the camera. It took about ten tries to come up with the fstop. The calculators and the camera didn't quite see eye to eye.

Fstop seems to run about 350. That was in the bright sun on a paper negative iso5 or iso10 not sure exactly what I should have rated it at. The quality of the light changes it iso on paper.

The expousre time was 8 minutes. It was sitting at the end of my drive because in the studio where I planned to take it with this camera the exposure would have been two hours or more. I tend to forget things so I probably would have found the camera still open when I went in a couple of days later.

If I like this camera, big if, I will probably build some kind of outdoor backdrop for doing still life. I have a graflex 4x5 I should be shooting as well. The film is just going to get lost in my refrig.

Most reactions

Back