40 year old glass- the 'Afghan Girl' lens

Owned the 105 f2.5 AI since 1978 new and only in the past couple years sold it off, it was/is remarkably sharp on modern digital cameras and was my most used focal length on film and digital. But as my eyes age manual focus on DSLR focusing screens became problematic and I replaced it. The newer 105 f1.4E version is even better and matched with the Z9 focus speed and accuracy is exceptional.

I came across this thread and wanted to ask a question. I have just bought a new Nikon Zf (I get it on Tuesday in Malaysia). Yesterday I saw on eBay a Nikon 105mm f1.8 AIS for around 400 bucks so I asked my mate in KL if he could get me one in Malaysia..... He came back with Ive got one of these the Nikon 105mm f2.0 DC AF-D, so we got chatting and another mate of mine in KL has a Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZF...............I cant afford all 3 but out of this bunch what would your recommend for portraiture

I came across this thread and wanted to ask a question. I have just bought a new Nikon Zf (I get it on Tuesday in Malaysia). Yesterday I saw on eBay a Nikon 105mm f1.8 AIS for around 400 bucks so I asked my mate in KL if he could get me one in Malaysia..... He came back with Ive got one of these the Nikon 105mm f2.0 DC AF-D, so we got chatting and another mate of mine in KL has a Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZF...............I cant afford all 3 but out of this bunch what would your recommend for portraiture
Rather than piggybacking an obsolete thread, it might be better to start a new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back