40D and the MP-E first shots

Blimey, that's some stunning close up work!!

- How close were you to the fly to take those shots?
- What are the specs of said MP-E lens?

Now you really have given the rest of us 40D owners something to aim for - macro is my next challenge. I shall be pleased to get half way to the standard of these images.

What would be the best equipment for this kind of photography - reverse a lens (How?) or get a dedicated macro lens?

David

"A unique manual-focus lens designed exclusively for macro shooting, between life-size (1x) and 5x life-size – at its maximum magnification, you can fill a 35mm frame with a grain of rice. Compatible with the Macro Ring Lites and new Macro Twin Lite, it eliminates the need for awkward bellows accessories for many macro shooters. A floating system preserves optical quality at different focusing distances, and features a UD-glass element."

What would be the best equipment for this kind of photography - reverse a lens (How?) or get a dedicated macro lens?

David

It's personal preference, but a dedicated macro lens will most likely give you better results.

As for reversing a lens, you can either hold the lens backward and pull it into the body, or buy a mounting bracket..Step up filters are a good way of doing this, than you just screw a lens to it.

you start at 4 inches at 1:1 and go down as the mag goes up
with my sigma 150mm at 1:1 its 12 inches,so for thing that bite (wasp's) and runaway I use the sigma

Most reactions

New Topics

Back