430EX vs 580EX

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a 20D and i've been saving up for the 580, but just noticed the 430 today. Does anybody have any personal opinions on the subject or can someone maybe point me in the general direction of a trustworthy review/comparison? thanks! :mrgreen:

what am i going to do with it? nothing too intense, just family portraits and maybe the occasional smallish wedding... 80% of my stuff is nature/landscape using natural light...

this is probably the best review (and overall site for review on Canon lenses) that i have found on the net:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-430EX-Speedlite-Flash-Review.aspx

I personally have the 430EX and it's a great flash. i haven't used any others, but for my uses, it is more than enough. from what you stated, the 430EX (or a lower model depending on your budget) will be fine for you). i may have gone overboard to get the 430EX, but it will give me some more room to grow as i learn more about indoor and flash photography. i also have the Sto-Fen Omni Bounce. this is a semi transparent white plastic flash cover. it's used to diffuse the light, so that the flash lighting isn't as harsh.

Thanks for the link chop, very informative.

I have a 580 for my 300D. It rocks my world. As soon as I finish my PHD I'll be able to useall of its functions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back