5 Kenya Pics for C+C

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been working all year on my photography skills in prep for my trip to Kenya. Love to get some feedback on how i did.

4789977411_8687394e2b.jpg

4787211959_ebe11dd20c.jpg

4787844428_078662561f.jpg

4787842294_d64b6a1d56.jpg

4787844290_17e1acdf7c.jpg

1) could use fill light on lion..small branch clone out
2) not bad. i think if you zoomed in a bit more it wud of added more interest.
3) okk..too much glow comin from doorway
4) seems underexposed, but like the jag/leopard
5) cooool

Good ideas. :)

First off.. too small. I can't see them very clearly... But I have old eyes. :)

The lion is awesome. But a tad dark for my tastes. I think I'd also prefer it as a portrait...

The leopard is underexposed too...

4789977411_8687394e2b.jpg

I like number 2 the best except for the rock behind his head , when looking at the photo i found myself lost (trying to figure out what it was)

why is there a person midair in the last one? I'm fond of #4, but he's a bit cut off on the bottom

#1 suffers from the subject being in shadow. There wasn't much you could have done about this but maybe the high contrast forced by the lighting would make for a nice B&W. For this one, along with the other responder, I would recommend cropping way down to isolate the lion (assuming the resolution allows). It's simply lost in the frame as is.

#2 should also be cropped IMO since the subject is lost in the frame. I think this shot could be very dramatic if the focus is good and the resolution supports the cropping.

#3 is a great composition but the overexposure is distracting. In the future, you could handle this by taking a second underexposed shot and performing multi-shot processing assuming the subject is stationary enough to let you get 2 shots off.

#5 has nice colors and is intriguing. I would say that the composition is wrong with the heads off-frame but the airborn subject in combination with the missing heads seems to create an air of mystery that makes the photo entrancing.

#1 Subject is underexposed.

#2 Could use a crop/more zoom.

#3, 4 (bit under exposed), and 5 I really like

I really like them...I'm envious of your expedition!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back