621 photos

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some of you may know Im shooting for a skate shop and these are most likly two of the pictures that are going to be up in their windows. Tell me what you think.

quin8.jpg

nicktarget.jpg

can the fish eye, it's way too cliche (in a bad way becuase every single skateboarder who has ever shot other people skateboarding shoots with it, try somethign else different) shoot at sunset or sunrise when there's better light.

Yeah thats true about the fisheye. Its hard to shoot at times like those espicly when it gets dark at like 8, hard to get skaters out at times like those, you know.

IMHO, neither of thse two shots work; the fisheye perspective has turned the skateboarders into rather hobbit-like figures. Given the venue and exposure, these should be "posed" shots and not chance captures. I would suggest doing these fairly early in the morning when the light is better; the flat light in these isn't helping them.

I would take the other posts into consideration, but if you want to know which of the two I like the most, it would probably be the second. The red ball is interesting to me. But the subject is dark. I know he's a dark person, but still, I think the light has something to do with it, you know?

But yeah, if this is going to get as much exposure as you're saying it will, I think you'd be better off getting some posed shots also. These are good, but with enough thought and consideration, they can be better. And then, others will see it and they'll want to use you, and on and on... :)

Thanks for the help guys. Well im not bringing my fisheye tommrow just so im not tempted to use it and I will use my flash alot more. Actully I took the red ball picture twice the second time the lightig was good because i pointed my flash up more but his arm was cut off.
Picture364-3.jpg

something like that? with the lighting atleast

Neither. If these are going for public viewing, the subject is out of focus. Mildly at most, but printed big a displayed, it WILL show. If I HAD to pick, it would be the second one

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back