85mm 1.8G - WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DepthOfFocus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Guys! I just picked up an 85mm 1.8G last week for $470 brand new .

All I can say is WOW! I'm a people photographer .... I've used many Nikon lenses/primes in the past ... and most recently I've been using a 70-200 for engagement/wedding shoots ... however I'm BEYOND impressed with the 1.8G. You get Telephoto-like Bokeh with this lens. It's SUPER SUPER sharp. Bokeh is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I've always thought aperature controlled the amount/quality of Bokeh, but I was wrong. You can even get a nice shallow DOF even at smaller aperatures at 4.5, etc .... It does 95% of what the 1.4G does but only a 1/3rd of the price.

I'll try and post a picture shortly ... but Wow! This is going to be my new go-to lens. My 80-200 is great, but I hate using clunky telephotos. Much prefer this!

Last edited:
Next lens on my list...very jealous. Probably get mine when the next paycheck comes...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

congrats, glad you are happy with the purchase. I have really liked the photos I've taken with an 85mm. It is on my list of lens.

That is a great lens!!! I once owned the "D" version and it was AWESOME for portraits!!

As you might have heard, I got mine very recently too! It is definitely an awesome lens. Congrats on the purchase!

It seems the reception for the 85mm 1.8G is *SO* good that it should simply be a mandatory lens for 99% of non-pro Nikon DSLR photographers.

What he said^^^

Most reactions

Back