"" A Barnscape "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always been one for Red in a Photo... Red is a color in a photo which draws the Eyes, and needs to be carefully placed in composition.. Hence is why we have RED stop Signs/ Red Lights/ Red Fire Equip. etc.. The power of Red in Photography is the same principals.. It draws the viewers eyes to areas in composition,,,

So , with all that said, lol , is this overkill ??
  • Focal length: 8.9mm (35mm equivalent: 35mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
  • Aperture: f/5.0
  • ISO equiv.: 50
  • Whitebalance: Manual
  • Metering Mode: spot
  • Exposure: Manual

StreamingRed.jpg

i don't think it its overkilled at all. I am unfamiliar with the color red and its specifics as you mentioned. But, we have a little bit in the foreground, which is the first thing my eye hits, then it shoots to the little spot in the middle, then it hits the barn, then sinks into the background. Composition is great, my only gripe is so much foliage in the bottom left corner, it kind of screams for my attention and pulls me away from the barn.

Maybe a little less of that coming in the corner? I wonder how it would look it if stopped where the water reaches the land?

I think it's great the way it is! I agree with the red colors being in pictures. Great contrast!
Bonnie

Well, I took a very careful look at this shot within a few programs. Your sense of composition and the use of colour is excellent but your weakness with this and some other shots is either exposure or the difference between sRGB and Photoshop RGB. If you are uploading in sRGB(the correct format) then your shots are at least 1 stop underexposed. It is visible more in the dead colours than anything else. Using a software polarizer and increasing the exposure by 1 stop, this photo had considerably more vibrant colour and impact.

I have a CRT monitor by the way, which I have matched colour and gamma wise to the output that I am getting in print form from the professional labs as well as with digital projectors. I also work in an area with minimal ambient light. My experience with LCDs has been that they are not accurate in either colour or brightness levels and extremely subject to minor angle variations between the screen and the viewer.

skieur

Most reactions

Back