A candid shot/snapshot of my assistant

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
So, I've recruited my wife to become my art director/ assistant on shoots. I've made it tradition that when setting up I take a photo of her. Almost got her to smile this time.

38374017386_5595a343b5_z.jpg

My wife performs the same role brilliantly. She's especially great on posing subjects and setting them at ease. I think she'll be taking over the camera soon and maybe (if I behave) she'll keep me on as tech assistant and retoucher. :D

BTW, your wife NEEDS to model for you, too. She's lovely.

Thank you. She makes the shoots go well now, but she didn't always lol.

Lovely young lady. That expression though, I've seen that expression sooooooo many times (wife, daughter, daughter in laws, & even my granddaughters). Must be something that all women are just born with. LOL

Lovely young lady. That expression though, I've seen that expression sooooooo many times (wife, daughter, daughter in laws, & even my granddaughters). Must be something that all women are just born with. LOL
It is, and it usually means you need to tread very, very carefully and buy expensive gifts.

Thank you. She makes the shoots go well now, but she didn't always lol.

I had to train mine to stand directly behind me because she'd chatter away to the subjects and their eyes would be looking at her instead of into the lens.

Have to say that I'm having a hard time not getting annoyed at all these sexist comments. You had to "train" your wife??? She'd "chatter away". All women must be born that with that look? But they can be bought off with expensive gifts? Seriously?

Have to say that I'm having a hard time not getting annoyed at all these sexist comments. You had to "train" your wife??? She'd "chatter away". All women must be born that with that look? But they can be bought off with expensive gifts? Seriously?
But I notice you didn't get annoyed when I mentioned the purchasing of expensive gifts! ;) Just the word "grip" or "assistant" in place of "wife". Their martial relationship is irrelevant, rather the point(s) relate to the person's role as an assistant. I've known plenty of "chatter like a magpie" males...

But I notice you didn't get annoyed when I mentioned the purchasing of expensive gifts! ;) Just the word "grip" or "assistant" in place of "wife". Their martial relationship is irrelevant, rather the point(s) relate to the person's role as an assistant. I've known plenty of "chatter like a magpie" males...

You apparently missed her last line: "But they can be bought off with expensive gifts? Seriously?" That is not an approving tone. ;)

But replacing "wife" with "assistant" is not the same. With the former, you have a personal relationship that should not involve a power imbalance. With the latter, you have a professional relationship in which there is a power imbalance: you are the 'boss' and you pay the assistant to do certain tasks.

Lol they are all jokes. No one is degrading women here.

You have to train people when they are trainees. I literally had to train my wi... I mean assistant to do exactly what granddad said lol. What does her gender have to do with being trained?

You apparently missed her last line: "But they can be bought off with expensive gifts? Seriously?" That is not an approving tone. ;)

But replacing "wife" with "assistant" is not the same. With the former, you have a personal relationship that should not involve a power imbalance. With the latter, you have a professional relationship in which there is a power imbalance: you are the 'boss' and you pay the assistant to do certain tasks.

This is getting silly. So the word trained isnt allowed because why? My wife is a she? So can I not train my brother if he was my assistant?

So, I've recruited my wife to become my art director/ assistant on shoots. I've made it tradition that when setting up I take a photo of her. Almost got her to smile this time.

38374017386_5595a343b5_z.jpg
I will give you exactly 2 more seconds to push that button and I'm outta here. :aiwebs_016:

:allteeth::allteeth:

This is getting silly. So the word trained isnt allowed because why? My wife is a she? So can I not train my brother if he was my assistant?
lol, seriously. They don't train you when you start a new job and don't know the ropes? She's "chattering away" means she isn't doing her job properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back