A Clarinet pic from clarinet ;)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Still life attempt. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.
ClarinetForum.jpg

Hue adjusted, resized. Other than that, this is basically straight from the camera.

For anyone who cares, this is a Buffet R-13 clarinet in A. I finally took a picture of my real job that I like :lol:

I like it a lot, esp with the adj. hue... you've inspired me to take a couple of shots of my own instrument.....

Nice work, again one of my favorite instruments. Maybe just a tad bit less DOF.

Digital Matt said:
Wow, I really love the colors and detail. For some reason though, my eyes want to see the closest part in focus too.

I kind of agree with Matt here...I really would love to see the front in focus as well, but absolutely love the colors and sharpness of the rest :) But if you like it, that's all that matters ;)

Becky--What instrument do you play?
kelox--thanks!
Matt, Clark, and Amanda--I did try it with more of the clarinet in focus, but it seemed to lose something. Maybe I'll give it another go, though.
--Joe

Love the hue and angle. I'm interested to see some addtional tries at the DOF to see what that yeilds!

Awesome composition... :thumbup:

Thanks guys, it may be a while before I get back to this shot, as my time is very limited now that I'm back at school... I will definately keep you updated, though.

Most reactions

Back