A coulple more from Sedona

tgates

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are a couple more taken at the Church in Sedona. The Eagle shot isn't colored well at all....but amazing atwork all the same (not my artwork). Does anyone know the story behind the Eagle head?

47b5ce10b3127cce954a46dbe6210000002.jpg
http://www.shutterfly.com/jsp/proce...be0cb063f455&co=-1&js=1139436794547&ps=1&rs=6

47b5ce10b3127cce954a4171272000000026109ActmTJwzc0

47b5ce10b3127cce954a435da63d00000026109ActmTJwzc0

Another nice series... the second one is really nice! :thumbup:

The Eagle head is amazing, would like to see that zoomed in. Nice job.

youneek said:
The Eagle head is amazing, would like to see that zoomed in. Nice job.

I took these photos with the Coolpix 4300 - they were zoomed in as close as I could get.
I might just have to make another trip since I have my new camera now! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Oh yes, do travel there again and then let me take part in your journey :). It looks like a very interesting and high photogenic area to me. And then get up closer to the eagle sculpture. Have you been inside the rock church? That makes me curious.

The second photo here is nicest what with colours, light, composition and exposure.

tgates said:
I took these photos with the Coolpix 4300 - they were zoomed in as close as I could get.
Ah, the Nikon CP4300! Fond memories. Except for the lack of zoom, it was nearly impossible for me to take a poor picture with that camera.

You've done well with your's for sure. I'd like to see them a little larger for posting though: 600 pixels high for portrait; 800 pixels wide for landscape.

:D

bburton said:
I'd like to see them a little larger for posting though: 600 pixels high for portrait; 800 pixels wide for landscape.

:D

I've had several people tell me that....where do you store them so that you can post them that size? I use shutterfly to host my images and it adjusts the size.

tgates said:
I've had several people tell me that....where do you store them so that you can post them that size? I use shutterfly to host my images and it adjusts the size.
Right here on TPF, you can have your own gallery for an annual subscription. I don't remember the size limit, but my 800x600 photos rarely exceed 200kb -- most are around 100kb.

Free online posting sites like PhotoBucket are concerned with the size of the picture and limit that to conserve their bandwidth, e.g., 100kb, 350kb, etc. But, you can still resize your pictures to any pixel length and width dimensions as long as they don't exceed the site's KB limits. By your own resizing your pics before uploading, you can also sharpen them to present them to appear their best in size and quality. You retain control of your image.

Just experiment a little, until you get what you like; then upload them to wherever you've selected. And, I always use TPF's "preview post" feature before actually posting.

Hope this helps.:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back