icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Indian School Park, Phoenix, AZ

fungusfield2.jpg

fungusfield.jpg

Cooments and critique always appreciated :)

I like the first one more, with its larger shrooms providing greater foreground interest. I think the line of shrooms leads the eye more effectively into the photo. And because the foreground shrooms are in a vertical line with the tree, my eye is brought back to them eventually. I also admire how the highlights aren't burnt out. Those shrooms are so white and bright, it would have been easy to lose data on them compared to the darker grass.

I've been looking at the other ones you've posted from the park shoot. Were you using a polarizer? When your camera's direction was cross-wise to the sun, the sky is pretty dark. When in line with the sun, the sky is light, and when on the 45, the sky is part light and part dark. Not that this is bad, just an observation and I'm wondering if I'm correct.

I've been looking at the other ones you've posted from the park shoot. Were you using a polarizer? When your camera's direction was cross-wise to the sun, the sky is pretty dark. When in line with the sun, the sky is light, and when on the 45, the sky is part light and part dark. Not that this is bad, just an observation and I'm wondering if I'm correct.

I was messing around with my CP, yes, and this is always sort of a problem with an Ultrawide Angle lens (my Sigma 10-20 in this case) -- the sky can even change 'blueness' over the field of view (alot of these were shot at 10mm). Good pick-up! I'm still undecided as to whether I should use it at all with this lens.

I was messing around with my CP, yes, and this is always sort of a problem with an Ultrawide Angle lens (my Sigma 10-20 in this case) -- the sky can even change 'blueness' over the field of view (alot of these were shot at 10mm). Good pick-up! I'm still undecided as to whether I should use it at all with this lens.
Probably just depends on the effect you're trying to achieve. I'm trying to get a handle on ND gradients.

I bought a used Cokin Grad ND a few weeks ago -- haven't tried it yet, though. I don't have the ring for my UWA yet for it and my walkaround lens is in the shop (I .... gasp ... dropped it and the AF stopped working).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back