Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

Is that like a Photoshop "diffuse glow" effect? It has sort of a grayish tinge to it which I think lends a hazy light to the entire shot..

My guess is that you're doing a "problem drinking" series to try to sell as stock? My opinion: the shots are suitably gloomy and the model and poses are good, however I don't believe the set up. I'm not sure why the guy is still in his work clothes if he's home. The background is too distracting. Do you want a drinking scene, or a barbeque scene?

If I had to choose, I think the second shot is the best, because it is the most natural. The other poses are a bit contrived, if more interesting compositionally.

Speaking as an art director who used to spend hours with stock photo books, pages just get flicked as fast as they can be turned. The art director knows what he's looking for before he sees it, so your shot has to be just right. (Of course, all this is probably done on the web, now.)

If you want to keep your model in work clothes, move him indoors, dim light, keep the shot tight. Change the liquor to something a bit more hard core. Keep the glass in his hand, bottle in the background, maybe out of focus so you can't see a brand.

If you want the fence, do a barbeque. The guy's wobbling at the grill, fork in one hand, glass in the other. A couple of young boys, talking to each other, but looking at "Dad". More time consuming to set up, more expensive, but more believable.

IMHO.

Cheers.

...model and poses are good...

Oh that model sure is! :sexywink:
Micah!
Where have you been for so long!?!?!?

Why does your "drinker" have to jump onto the table?
I don't get that part...

In my mind, the first is the weakest of the series, with the highlights from the sky so visibly tuned down ... something looks wrong there, and all in all the photo feels bland ...

The others, where there is no sky to be see above the fence are better.

Are you and your brother still taking selfs in the attic?

honestly i was just bored on a sunday, all these are self portraits with a remote timer

Corinna the original thing i was gonna do was pshop the table out to look as if i was floating, but it didnt work out too well, hence me up on the table in the one shot

selfs in the attic lol no

this was the only one where i pshopped out a chair to make me float, the rest didnt work out as i had the wrong exposure in the blank fence pic to use as the 2nd layer

notice my feet off the ground, etc
bwfloat.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back