MyNameIsChris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisammondphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please.
The model is my girlfriend, I'm still trying to get the hang of my lights and she said she wanted new pictures.

2860051271_91fea48821.jpg

2860051277_016f1f6343.jpg

2860051283_34888572cd.jpg

2860051289_3e33855046.jpg

Thanks! =]

I'm no professional by any means but those pictures look very nice! The only thing that bothers me is the hair in front of her eye, but maybe thats how she wears it.

I like the set. #3 looks like she started to have some fun too. What does she think of them?

...and I knew there was no way of talking her out of it...
But you should as the photographer, at least take a few. Who knows, she might even like them that way.

Be careful on the wide end of your lens. You don't say what lens you're using, but #3 is bordering on a characature rather than a portrait.

Very pretty model...... lucky you.

Job well done. 2 and 3 have attitude , I like 3 best . Tell about the lighting setup?:thumbup:

...What does she think of them?
She likes them a lot, and of course wants to do it again so I'll probably be posting more again soon haha.

But you should as the photographer, at least take a few. Who knows, she might even like them that way.

Be careful on the wide end of your lens. You don't say what lens you're using, but #3 is bordering on a characature rather than a portrait.

Very pretty model...... lucky you.
Well first off, thank you. I am a very lucky guy! =] Anyways, we've been dating for over two years now and her hair stays about the same so trust me, I didn't even bother telling her to move it lol. Also, I see what you're saying in #3 and agree, but she loves it and I'm quite partial to it as well. I used a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 in these pictures.

Job well done. 2 and 3 have attitude , I like 3 best . Tell about the lighting setup?:thumbup:
Thank you! The lights were different in all the pictures except the first two. In those there was a soft box right at full power and a light at 3/4 through a translucent umbrella to the left rear. The others varied, but I took the umbrella off and changed the power a little. I also used a Canon 430ex to bounce off the ceiling for her hair.

I like her hair in front of her eye, particularly if that's how she always wears it - and although I'm not a professional, I like that you didn't force her to change it. When I got my senior pictures taken, the photographer messed with my hair and in almost every shot it looks nothing like me; in the casual outdoor shots (in jeans and my favorite jacket) almost all of them look plain ridiculous.

the only thing that bothers me is that in the second shot the light seems to be coming from her bottom left, and it shines into her open mouth illuminating her teeth... looks kind of weird

Well done!! If anything, be careful with the cropping of the lower half in image 2. (cut off hand & wrist) But thats being a little picky.
still, Nice job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back