A few from a session yesterday.

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Always welcome C&C! I know I cut off some limbs though. :( I didn't have enough space. I'm working on fixing that. I'm particularly intrested on c&c for lighting and pp.

I like the second one with th ebubbles best.
Mmmmm, I am not good at giving out critism, but the shadows are maybe a bit too much. Let your subjects stand a bit further away from te backdrop if you are using only natural light.

Mmmmm, I am not good at giving out critism, but the shadows are maybe a bit too much. Let your subjects stand a bit further away from te backdrop if you are using only natural light.

^ What they said :) Also, I don't know if this is your mm lens length or your crop, but your crops on the little boy are little too tight IMO. Also, in that last one, I would try a different angle. The woman's angle is fine, but once the dad looks down, all you see are his glasses and nose.

Ok ok I'm done, other than that, you are doing great, keep practicing!!

#3 is the winner, IMO. The pose in #1 doesn't really do anything for me, but the rest are nice.

Tune down the saturation of the blue shirt - it's too much.

Agreed on the shadows - further away from the fabric would help. Maybe experiment with a darker color sheet, also and consider blurring the wrinkles out in PP.

Yes, move your subject away from the background, so that they are not casting shadows...unless that's what you want to do.

Also, in that last one, I would try a different angle. The woman's angle is fine, but once the dad looks down, all you see are his glasses and nose.

Definitely. Maybe have him lower or have them gazing at each other instead fo the belly.

And (as a wearer of glasses) I'm not a fan of glasses in pics, as they block the eyes and the lighting is often an issue. Consider taking some w/o glasses too, and seeing how they turn out. They may look unnatural if he's blind as a bat and used to wearing them all the time, but chances are, they will show his face off better.

I was thinking exactly that while I was editing.

#3 is the winner, IMO. The pose in #1 doesn't really do anything for me, but the rest are nice.

Tune down the saturation of the blue shirt - it's too much.

Agreed on the shadows - further away from the fabric would help. Maybe experiment with a darker color sheet, also and consider blurring the wrinkles out in PP.
Oh, I got more family shots, Ijust liked how they were talking to him. I thought it was sweet.:lovey:

Lacey, I think you got some really nice ideas here and I agree that the second one is lovely!

I think you have already gotten some really good cc!

Would you mind sharing your settings? Did you use the on-board flash? Looking at their pupils it looks like onboard flash pin pricks, also that would explain some of the shadowing on your backdrop.

ANelle

Honestly the flash jut looks unprofessional. The pin lights cannot be from a bounced flash, it looks like it's going right at them. I personally think studio style shots with a flash looks rather silly most of the time and not polished.

Also they are too close to the background.

I do hope this wasn't paid.

Most reactions

Back