A few from DC

Msteelio91

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitaldistrictphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went up to the Washington Monument with some friends. This was my first time up there, what a view!

Sadly it was quite hazy so I decided to go for an "old school" colorized look with the image...

Capitol by Matthew_Steele, on Flickr

And a couple of the Monument itself. We were expecting low 70's this day and it ended up being over 80F!

Washington Monument by Matthew_Steele, on Flickr

Washington Monument by Matthew_Steele, on Flickr

Nice! I've lived here most of my life and have yet to go up in it. As for the weather, that's normal for this area, could be 30 one day and 80 the next.

^This. I've lived in the general area my whole 56 years and have never been closer to it than the flags!

My lovely wife's cousin was part of the overhaul team a number of years ago (not from the quake). He has a shot of himself at the cap stone.

How did I miss this? Great shots.

I may try to go tomorrow. Going to spend the day in DC with my oldest. We're going to see the talk by Stephen King at Lisner Auditorium and decided to just head into town early and spend the day there doing some of the tourist rounds.

Same. Nice images!

Thanks fellas, I seem to lose threads a lot with this new interface

I may try to go tomorrow. Going to spend the day in DC with my oldest. We're going to see the talk by Stephen King at Lisner Auditorium and decided to just head into town early and spend the day there doing some of the tourist rounds.

Best time to do it is during the day when everyone is at work :)

You can go up it?

I always assumed it was a solid structure.

I love that first pic. I think you managed to give a great feel to that photo with that "old school" look. Congrats!

I fell in love with DC during my first visit in 2011. I went back in September and eventually managed to go up the Washington Monument. Fantastic experience.

I love that first pic. I think you managed to give a great feel to that photo with that "old school" look. Congrats!

I fell in love with DC during my first visit in 2011. I went back in September and eventually managed to go up the Washington Monument. Fantastic experience.
Love the 2nd shot--very iconic yet individual, not a stereotype.

Yes, you can go up in it. The standard way is to take the elevator. They have limited and special walking options up the stairs. I highly recommend that. There are a series of stone murals from each of the 50 states on the inside that you can see as you walk up the stairs. Highly recommended. As for the view, it always seems hazy in part b/c of the glass isn't the best.

You can go up it?

I always assumed it was a solid structure.

Yup! It has a big elevator in the middle of it. The majority of it is actually hollow and they show the inside when you go back down in the elevator.

That looks pretty damn scary

Thanks! DC is great, tons to do and see here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back