A few new pics - Michigan and Afghanistan

RobinAK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The first four are of the Manistique Lighthouse on Lake Michigan... they're a bit grainy because it was getting dark and I didn't have my tripod so I had to use a higher ISO to compensate for a quick shutter speed (it was cold and windy too). Needless to say I'm pretty upset I didn't have my tripod with :(

The last one is in Afghanistan... I just got my camera and was testing it in the parking lot lol.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

I'm open to any/all criticism!

Last edited:
So there's no positive or negative feedback on this at all??

Come on!

Once the photos are automatically resized to the size this forum allows for, noise becomes a minor issue. So no worries about that.

As to the lighthouse photos ... I find that the first and last are the most interesting, and the views inbetween are kind of "blah" to me (that may well be only me, though). The first shows some nice detail of the lighthouse as such, which I appreciate, and I like the colours you got. I'm still debating with myself whether to find composition is too centred, or whether this very centred composition makes the charme of this very photo?

The last of the lighthouse photos has a tilt, which is a minor thing and can be corrected fast and easily. Other than that, the position of the horizon IS to much in the very middle of the photo here. I'd go for some more sky and some less ground to shift the horizon to the border between the middle and the lower third of the frame.

I like 1 and 4 the best, 1 you could have drug the shutter abit more but with no tripod I understand why you didn't, I may composed the light house further off to the left of the frame as well so it wasn't dead center, OR walked further on the 1st of the walkway there till you were close to the corner and composed in such a way so the walk way was starting in the lower left of the frame ending with the lighthouse taking up the whole left side...basically testing out different options with your diffinitive line there to make more interesting composition,and doing the last suggestion you could still keep the horizon line "level" but changing the line direction the pier takes, 4 would have been excellent if you could've got close keeping the same composition you had but the light house being abit bigger in the frame.

The stan picture, kaf or baf?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back