A few shots from Saturday.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These shots are from a wedding I had the opportunity to assist Saturday. Critique is welcome.

4804202904_93e0886634.jpg

4804201416_7bcab29116.jpg

4803570673_a18867efac.jpg

I think the first 2 are excellent: good composition and lighting (*maybe* a little fill in the shadows could make these great shots even better) plus you caught the right mood in the subjects' faces - they seem genuinely happy, perhaps the most important aspect of a wedding shot. #3 doesn't quite nail the mood - she looks a little bored. I'm not sure about the backlighting on #3 ... obviously the effect is intentional but doesn't quite work for me.

I really like the idea of the B&W. To bad the sun messed up the exposure.... Maybe a bit more contrast overall...

Try this shot again at a different time of day or or a slightly overcast day or something...

Thanks for the advice! If I get a chance to shoot with him again, I will have to try those things out. Everything is so rushed during a wedding that it is hard to find the time to do everything you want. I remember we took the 3rd shot across the street from the reception hall directly after the cake cutting and we only shot in the field for 5 minutes at the most. :lol:

I love the lighting in #3. feels a bit more posed than it should?? I really like all of them though. Really nice work.

Thanks for the input! :thumbup:

I think the first 2 are excellent: good composition and lighting (*maybe* a little fill in the shadows could make these great shots even better) plus you caught the right mood in the subjects' faces - they seem genuinely happy, perhaps the most important aspect of a wedding shot. #3 doesn't quite nail the mood - she looks a little bored. I'm not sure about the backlighting on #3 ... obviously the effect is intentional but doesn't quite work for me.

Thanks for your input and advice! I will try to keep these things in mind. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back