A forgotten intro...

Patm1313

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm Pat, and I've been serious about photography for the past year. I started out staring at my father's cameras in awe when I was much younger, and begging to take pictures with them. He rarely let me. When I was older, I got to use cameras more and more, and I learned how to load film and do all that fun stuff. It wasn't until about 2 years ago when my father received a Minolta A200 as a gift from a family member that I found the real joy in photography. I used that and I took some great shots. I had finally found my niche in life. So I'm now 13, and 6 months ago I bought my first camera that was truly mine, a Nikon D40. I was a little bit worried after I bought it that I might have wasted $500 on something that I might not seriously get into, but boy was I wrong. I love taking pictures, and purchasing that camera was one of the best purchases of my life. I can't wait to make some money at photography, but I don't know where to start. I know that making money isn't the main point of photography, but how else will I be able to get better tools without some dough? Also, I've been slightly colorblind my whole life, which isn't a big deal for me, as it's all that I've ever seen, but it's not an abnormal situation for me to say that something is a different color from what another person has seen it as.

My plans for the future with photography? My dream job would be to be a Nat. Geo. photographer, as their the best of the best. I would like to get a degree in photography, but I feel it may be going out on a limb because you can't do much as far as making money without being really good. I think I am, but it would still be a risk.

So here I am, Pat, the 13 year old semi-colorblind photographer with a D40. I hope you guys enjoy seeing me around. :)

I'm Pat, and I've been serious about photography for the past year. I started out staring at my father's cameras in awe when I was much younger, and begging to take pictures with them. He rarely let me. When I was older, I got to use cameras more and more, and I learned how to load film and do all that fun stuff. It wasn't until about 2 years ago when my father received a Minolta A200 as a gift from a family member that I found the real joy in photography. I used that and I took some great shots. I had finally found my niche in life. So I'm now 13, and 6 months ago I bought my first camera that was truly mine, a Nikon D40. I was a little bit worried after I bought it that I might have wasted $500 on something that I might not seriously get into, but boy was I wrong. I love taking pictures, and purchasing that camera was one of the best purchases of my life. I can't wait to make some money at photography, but I don't know where to start. I know that making money isn't the main point of photography, but how else will I be able to get better tools without some dough? Also, I've been slightly colorblind my whole life, which isn't a big deal for me, as it's all that I've ever seen, but it's not an abnormal situation for me to say that something is a different color from what another person has seen it as.

My plans for the future with photography? My dream job would be to be a Nat. Geo. photographer, as their the best of the best. I would like to get a degree in photography, but I feel it may be going out on a limb because you can't do much as far as making money without being really good. I think I am, but it would still be a risk.

So here I am, Pat, the 13 year old semi-colorblind photographer with a D40. I hope you guys enjoy seeing me around. :)

!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:!!

DUDE! That is just too weird! I feel the exact same way about photography!! (I mean like, exactly!) I'm 13 myself,far as I know me and you are the only 13 yr olds on here:)confused:)! What type of photography do you take? I take abstract and semi-abstract mostly, (Looking to get into some photojournalism). Send me some of your photos k?

Phil,

Welcome aboard.

!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:!!

DUDE! That is just too weird! I feel the exact same way about photography!! (I mean like, exactly!) I'm 13 myself,far as I know me and you are the only 13 yr olds on here:)confused:)! What type of photography do you take? I take abstract and semi-abstract mostly, (Looking to get into some photojournalism). Send me some of your photos k?

Phil,

We may be the only 13 year olds on here, but you never know. I take pictures of everything, so I don't really prefer one form of photography. I'll send you (or post) some of my photos on Monday, as I'm away from my computer that has all my pics.

I can't wait to get back to home because I'll be able to post some pictures and because I just shot a long exposure shot of my name spelled out with a flashlight which will become my avatar. As soon as I can get a job (I have to be 14, to get one, and I'll turn 14 in Jan) I'm going to build myself a desktop computer for myself which will hold all my photos in one place. Can you say 1000GB hard drive? Right now I'm running off of a laptop, which isn't that great for editing pictures and the like. And plus, the new computer will have Photoshop CS4, and a top of the line mouse.

Some pics. I pulled off of my photobucket:

DSC_0477-1.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_0639-1.jpg

D40020.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

Some more:

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0792.jpg

D40005.jpg

D40012.jpg

D40017.jpg

D40050.jpg

D40053.jpg

D40090.jpg

D40105.jpg

#1 is my favorite photo of all time. It was shot along the new river gorge. The two sets of stacked rocks on the right were made by other people, and the one the left is mine. #2 is my current workstation. I have on the windowsill a 4x6 printer, and I have on the left on top of the black speaker and inkjet printer, for 8x10s. #5 and #6 are pictures of my pet corn snake, Flame. I also like #20 because it has an antique look, even though I did not post-shoot work on it. #13 has a story to go with it, I had to get within about 15 feet close to those fawns to get that shot. I slid on my stomach until I was close enough, and then I slowly rose up and took the shot. The fawns were young, so they weren't really afraid of me, as they had no reason to be, and instead the were just curious. #11 is one of my best macro shots.

And Phil, I was checking out your bubble, you have some really great shots! All of them would be great prints.

And Phil, I was checking out your bubble, you have some really great shots! All of them would be great prints.

Thanks man! I really like #15 and 20# of your shots. As a side-note, you would probably get more people to see your work if you posted it in the general forum.

Thanks man! I really like #15 and 20# of your shots. As a side-note, you would probably get more people to see your work if you posted it in the general forum.

Have you sold any prints yet?

And thanks, #15 was my favorite for a long time, but then I took #1, and it blew me away. there's a certain piece about it that I love. Also, it has a variety of textures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back