A Friend's Prom

hercry1441

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty new to the whole photography scene, and especially to people photography, so when a friend asked if I could take pictures (just as a friend, she didn't know that I'm experimenting with photography) at her prom, I jumped at the chance to get more practice. It wasn't a great time of day, so the lighting is pretty harsh, and I had to use her camera instead of mine, so I had some issues...
But let me know how you think they turned out and how I could improve them! I need C&C please!

1. I liked the expression on his face =]
n704886412_1289012_9448.jpg

n704886412_1289013_9716.jpg

n704886412_1289042_8905.jpg

4. I just want to call attention to the girl in the silver dress.. yeah..
n704886412_1289017_850.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I assume the soft feel and luminesnce is due to these being scanned from prints?
C&C per req:
1. Very nice candid capture. Well exposed, overall a nice shot.
2 & 3. Both nicely composed and exposed captures, but a reduced DoF and selective focus would have helped to isolate the main subjects and give a less distracting, "fuzzier" background.
4. This one needs a straightening, and loses a little something by the RH most subject being partly cut off.
Overall, a nice group; well done!

thanks to both of you!
i will definitely take that C&C into account next time i shoot, i do seem to need some work on DoF.
oh and #4 wasn't really a serious picture, i just thought the silver dress girl's face was amusing =]

yeah, I definitely noticed the expression of the girl with the silver dress, it looked pretty hilarious.

Other than that though, I would try to watch your backgrounds as much as possible. #1 has part of the stairwell, and part of the picture frame which are somewhat distracting. #2 has the stairwell, and doors and #3 has the cars and the houses in the background. #4 is pretty good here, with the window for the background though I think it would be better if it was all bricks (and the bricks were straightened)

other than that if more people in #3 and #4 were looking at you that would be nice.

Keep up the work, :)
Nate

thanks!
yeah definitely i wish i could have picked the backgrounds myself, but i didn't have too much control over that part =/

Most reactions

Back