A Fuzzy *****

itsme123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, get your minds out of the gutter :lol:. Here are 2 shots of ***** Willow (Salix Discolor) with 2 different DOF. Which one do you like better? Also What do you think of the compostion, lighting and the feeling of the picture overall? Shot with Sony A-100 w/ Sigma 105mm Macro EX DG @ 1:1. Thanks! :thumbup:

**Google Salix Discolor to see what the censored word is. Was trying to be funny with the title, but....**

1)

12567-PW2-edit1.jpg

2)

12567-PW1-edit1.jpg

it's hard to choose but i like the first one the best. the fuzzyness makes the flowers in the left corner and at the bottom less obvious. easier to look at, with the second one my eye gets constantly drawn downward while i actually wanna look at the middle of the pic :)
as for a suggestion: maybe try a different background than the pale grey one now? just an idea

Well, I prefer the second over the first and like to see the whole ... heehee ... thing that starts with a p :lol: ... in focus. Seems more right for a detailed photo of a plant - and the neutral grey background still is blurred and undisturbing enough also in Photo 2 with the somewhat deeper DOF. I think the yellow and the softness of the asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk look good against that background.

The second one is great. It gets all the yellow parts in focus. nice capture.

I want to see EVERYTHING ! in focus.!

that is the intent of ***** yo have to "focus" first!

pun intended!

... ... ... "runs away, and hides in the willows!"

Thanks eveyone for the comments and inputs :thumbup:. I am glad that my hummor made it accross after the filter :lol:.

The background that I used was actually a chrome paper board. The lighting in the room actually fluctuated quite a bit during the shot, so it kinda shifted between dark to light. Here is pic which shows the chrome paper board.

12567-DSC02701.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back