A glowing silhouette

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

msunset.jpg

I like feel of it.

FWIW, I would like to have had the plants in sharper focus and the mistyness is blowing out the horizon/mountains.

very good mysterious shot. the fog is giving the mystery feeling.

but... if you edited the pics, you increased the saturation to much and the red color overlapped the weeds.

Lovely colors!!! I agree with airgunr about the sharpness, but even though it is beautiful

Love the colors on this one!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :D

airgunr said:
FWIW, I would like to have had the plants in sharper focus and the mistyness is blowing out the horizon/mountains.
I noticed that too but there was really nothing I could do about it. It was very windy so no amount of tripod use or praying would have made my pictures any sharper, since I had to use a slow shutter speed for the low lighting.

The horizon is a little blown out but that's just the effect of fog. What you see here is pretty much what it was like at the location. I actually like the effect because I though it gave a surreal look to the picture. Of course, I'm not expecting everyone to feel the same way. Thanks for commenting. I do appreciate the feedback.

Sk8man said:
if you edited the pics, you increased the saturation to much and the red color overlapped the weeds.
I did very little editing on this picture. Basically only minor tweaking to the curves. The red color overlapping the weeds was already present in the original picture and I believe it's from the fact that the fog was all around me. There was a thin layer of fog in front of the plants so it might have caused the light to reflect off the frontal fog causing red colors on the edges of the plants.

Well, that's my guess anyway. I love shooting in tricky lighting because it can cause unpredictable effects. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back