NavyJelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.navyjelly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any rights or wrongs about this ?
Shot in a chilly Pargue, Czech Republic, 2 weeks or so ago.

IMG_1801.jpg

I like it, especially that she is over to the right like that, if i had to find anything wrong with it i would probably have to invent it:) perhaps the horizon is a little at an angle?, you can just see her right eye, perhaps dodge her right eye a little, so you can see how nicely she looks to the left.

tim

Thanks, yep you are right the horizon is slightly off.

What do you mean by dodging the right eye ?

thanks for taking the time, appreciated.

Very nice composition and nice laugh.
IMO, the image is compressed in the midtones (muddy) and the background is a little dark. It looks like an overcast day and that makes the picture look soft.

img1801bbs9.jpg

Thanks.

My use & understanding of light is an ongoing issue for sure.

I don't fully understand the meaning or effect of "composed in the midtones/muddy" so that's on my list to check up on.

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

Sorry about jargon.

When it is overcast with few shadows or direct light, there is very little contrast among different areas of the scene and so the response of most of the surfaces is in the same narrow range of ucky grey. Oftentimes, unfortunately there will be some bright spots like teeth and eyes and eye that determine the upper exposure on the exposure meter and the middle tones are underexposed and poorly separated.

So the picture ends up with the sky, teeth and eyes being the brightest part and everything else being mushed in the middle instead of having a lovely staircase of tones from brightest white to darkest black.

Hope this muddle makes some sense.
I tend to overexpose low contrast scenes by a third of a stop so I can actually get some saturtion in the colors.

Most reactions

Back